Re: accessible COVID-19 statistics?

Howard Traxler

I have been watching this site
https://infographics.channelnewsasia.com/covid-19/map.html
to find that the numbers don't add up.  For any particular country, the number of deaths plus the number of recoveries should equal the total cases, right?  This never seems to happen.

On 5/14/2020 4:10 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

I have 2 different sites for accessible COVID-19 stats, one is called A11Y COVID-19 and the other is just accessible COVID-19 and this site is updated by Tyler Littlefield. I just compared the 2 sites by looking at the stats for Texas since that's where I live, and on the A11Y site it shows the daily cases for today as 1599 whereas the accessible COVID-19 stats site shows daily cases as 84. Since there's such a difference in these 2 numbers does anybody know where these 2 sites are getting their numbers? Is there a site that folks have found to be more accurate? Incidentally based on the last few days I'd be more likely to believe the higher of the above numbers but even that seems high given that the day's not over yet. Texas has been averaging above 1000 new cases each day lately, but it's usually between 1100 and 1300.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Troy