Re: winamp equalizer

Gene

With what screen-reader?

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2020 6:16 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] winamp equalizer

Hmmm, control-alt-letter doesn’t do anything here. I have to use Control-shift-letter for the panning key combos.
Evan

Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2020 6:53 PM

If you tried the command and you heard panning set to 0, then it is very likely one of the speakers isn't working.  the others to the left and right of k change the balance in logical ways.  Control alt j sets it to minus 50 percent.  Control alt h sents it to minus 100 and all sound comes from the left channel that is being played in Winamp.
The keys to the right of k set the balance in the other way, Control l sets it to 50 percent, and control alt semicolon sets the balance to 100 percent, and all sound played in Winamp will come from the right channel.  You can, in this way, ttest if one of the speakers is working.

You can also check by changing the balance setting of your sound card as well.  But if you are using a properly recorded stereo file, the Winamp test should be very reliable as well, though perhaps not quite as reliable. 

Gene
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2020 5:33 PM

Btw I tried the alt-ctrl-k command and nothing happened. It could be that one of my speakers just doesn't work anymore because the set is quite old. I honestly can't tell if both speakers are on when I'm just using the laptop, it's only obvious when I'm listening to something with winamp.

Troy

On 5/16/2020 4:04 PM, Gene wrote:
You should be in the main window.  I don't know what windows you have opened.  Open the menu, alt f, hold alt and type f.  If you don’t hold alt, you won't be in the menu. 
The down arrow and see which windows are checked.  Main window should be checked.  All others should be unchecked.  Anything you want to check or uncheck, press enter on.  Everytime you check or uncheck something, the menu will close.  Open the menu again and find the next thing you want to change.  Only the main window should be opened unless you intend to work with something else.  Be careful not to issue letter only commands or combination letter and modifier keys such as alt g in Winamp unless you intend to.  .  Commands may do things you don't want done.

Gene
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2020 3:42 PM

Okay thanks. What winamp window do I need to be in for the volume with up and down arrows to work as well as b and z to go forward and backward through files? All of this used to work for me until fairly recently, and I don't remember if I was playing around with something or what but now it isn't working that way anymore.

Troy

On 5/16/2020 12:07 PM, Gene wrote:
If you are using JAWS, use the command control alt k, while in Winamp to return the balance to its usual setting.

If you are in the Winamp equalizer window, pressing the right and left arrow keys changes the balance, or what Winamp calls "panning."  The command I gave allows you to set it back to normal, even if you aren't in that window.  I just tried it in the main window.  When you are in the equalizer window, nothing is spoken if you use the left and right arrow keys so you need to use this command to know when the balance is at its default.

Gene

Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2020 11:41 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] winamp equalizer

Hi all,

I appear to have messed up my winamp equalizer so that most if not all
sound is in one speaker. How do I adjust this?

Thanks.

Troy

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.