Re: switching log in email address in facebook

George McCoy

I don't have JAWS, but you should be able to find it using the page search feature in JAWS.

On 5/17/2020 10:52 AM, Keith S wrote:
and what link is the "account settings" link under?  Is it at the bottom of the page near the help link?

Thanks

Keith
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2020 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] switching log in email address in facebook

Keith,

The item you want is account settings.  To the sighted it appears as either 3 dots or 3 verticle lines.  Click to expand the menu.

Arrow down to settings and press enter to open it.

move by heading to the general settings heading.

Expand the contacts menu.

Down arrow until you come to emails.

Your current email is shown.

Keep arrowing down to the add email button.

Add the email you want to use as your new user ID.

You will receive two emails.  One will go to your current primary account telling you that a new email was added.

The other goes to the new email address asking you to confirm it.

Press the confirm button.

Reopen Facebook and navigate back to the emails dialog.

You will see both the old and new emails listed.  There will be a checkbox labeled primary or something similar.  Check it for the new email and you should be all set.

Hth,

George

On 5/16/2020 12:30 PM, Keith S wrote:
Hi, I asked this question earlier in the week and was told by one member that she could not remember exactly how to do this.

I did a help search from inside facebook and it said something about clicking on a 3 dot symbol and then selecting from a drop down menu that opens.

Is this  possible on a windows 10 compuger running jaws?

Seems like every application and/or program out there (at least the ones made by microsoft) have hotkey buttons and keystrokes you can use but Facebook apparrently has not caught on.

Ponse media downloader even has hotkeys a blind person can use, though I honestly don't use them, instead I simply use the tab key to navigate around.

But I digress,

I added an additional email address to my facebook account, but the original email I entered to make the account is still listed as the primary log in email.

these 3 dot thingie is supposed to open a menu to make the needed changes, but like I said, I have never come across 3 dots (due to being blind) to get this done.

Any help?

Thanks

Keith