Re: AMD processors

enes sarıbaş

The current AMD processors absolutely obliterate the current intel processors in performance and power usage. So they are more than  a match for the intel ones. You also don't run any different software for them. However, if you would like to wait about 3-4 months, AMD is going to release their next generation of desktop processors, that brings another dramatic improvement to performance.

On 5/18/2020 9:30 AM, Marie wrote:
I am shopping for a new desktop and found one that sounds good. I have never had a computer that did not have an Intel processor so have a couple of questions about the AMD processors. The processor is an AMD Ryzen 7 3700x.
How does this compare in performance to the 9th or 10th generation I7? Also, do the AMD processors have any effect on how your operating system or software programs run?
I don’t mind learning new technology but I am wanting this to be my primary, every day machine and put away my laptop and tablet, so I do not need any major “gotchas”.
Thanks in advance for advice.
Marie