PDF conversions

Damien Garwood <damien@...>

Hey all,
Have any of you had the joys of converting a PDF that contains tables into plaintext? If so, do you get the strange anomaly whereby the table seems to be inverted and spread out on multiple lines?
I'm using EdSharp, which I believe uses either PDFToText, or GetText with the PDF2TXT extension. I'm not sure if it's the one converter I'm using that's faulty, or whether the formatting is bad. Since it's happening with every PDF, I'm inclined to assume it's the converter.
Does anyone know, either:
1. How I can restore the output to some resemblance of what it should actually be, or
2. of a decent PDF to text (or even better, PDF to HTML) converter?
Cheers.
Damien.