streaming content

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

My mom asked me yesterday what is meant by streaming, and I kind of know what it is but I was wondering if someone could explain it in words that a nontech person would understand? All I could think to tell her is to give her an example that if somebody sends her a video like on facebook when she watches that video that's a type of streaming, and I also told her that there are services that stream television channels, the example I used was Apple Tv. She knows that we wouldn't be able to stream channels on the regular televisions we have now. Can somebody tell me an easier way to explain it though, and even give me examples of sources for streaming television channels besides Apple tv? I'd like to know this info myself.

Thanks.

Troy