Re: Regarding SiriusXm

Gene

You may have to get external speakers.  I can't say how the internal speakers on various laptops would work with your hearing loss.  It might be helpful if we know the kind of loss, high frequency, mid-range, low or a combination.

I can't really advise you and I'm not trying to advise you in any detail except to say that external speakers may be a much better idea both in that they may meet your needs much better and you won't be limiting yourself to this or that computer based on the internal speakers.  You may be able to get a computer you like better and better sound if you don't try to combine them.

From: Brian Zolo
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2020 7:24 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Regarding SiriusXm

Hey there, Gene, I’m looking for a laptop with decent sounding speakers as I have hearing loss and my wife does as well.  Normally, I use a headset but would sure love to find a good sounding speaker so I don’t have to wear a headset all the time as I have to use one for work as I’m teleworking from home and need to take phone calls via cisco jabber.  I’m using a dell precision work station laptop for work but even those speakers sound terrible, grin!  That machine is on windows ten but I can’t use Bluetooth since it’s a department of defense computer and they definitely aren’t into using modern Bluetooth technology, grin!  I can stream to my hearing aids via Bluetooth and had to get a doctor’s statement just to use that at work.  I was just curious as to what laptop or windows ten computer that Veronica had that had good sound speakers as we’re shopping for windows ten laptops.  BZ!