Re: accessible washers and dryers

enes sarıbaş

That depends on the model though. There are front loaders that allow you to add items to the wash. The one my family used actually won't unlock the door if there is a risk of flood, but will only do it if the water level isn't that high.

On 5/27/2020 6:02 AM, Jan Howells wrote:
If you forget to put something in a front loader washer, you cannot add it.  My roommate did that one time without thinking, and there was quite a flood.  Of course the water just came right out when she opened the door.  With a top loader, you can open the lid and put it in before it fills up all the way.  I like "more better for that reason.  Some of my aids put the front loader back on thinking that it is the dryer.  So the clothes go through the cycle again with just water.  Then they think that the dryer is broken when the clothes are still wet.  I then make them pay for the dryer on top so that they will learn to use their head for more than a hatrack.  One of them put a drum very mine on the heater.  I could not understand why I kept hearing snapping sounds een the heater was stopping during cycles.  It took me a week to find what the sound was.  A maintenance man came in to do something for me, and he told that my drum was on the heater.  The tuning strings were expanding when the heat would switch on, and then they would snap back when the heat would turn off.  I was not happy with the aid.  I knew who did it based on who was here and when I began hearing the snapping sound coming from the heater. Thank the Lord that the drum was ok and not damaged.  That was a miracle.  No instrument or electronic device should ever be near weather or heat and air conditioner.  Never near a window.

Jan