Re: accessible washers and dryers

Madison Martin

I'm going to guess that the person would be drunk.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: May 27, 2020 7:33 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] accessible washers and dryers

If you came home with the wrong clothes, did that mean you were blind drunk? Or maybe a transvestite!

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: May-27-20 3:39 PM

Lol, not to mention the fact that you'd probably come home with the wrong clothes.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: May 27, 2020 6:08 PM

Some years ago, there was a bar in my neighbourhood called the Wash and Slosh.
Yes, you could go ther and do your laundry and drink.
Now that could lead to an expensive trip to the laundromat.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: May-27-20 3:03 PM

Wow, a dryer that is top loaded? Hard to see how that would work.

Jim calls the wash-a-teria the Wishy Washy. He says that is the name of one where he used to live.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 4:10 PM

Actually, the first laundrimat I ever saw, which had the unimaginative name of "wash and dry", had all top loaders, both washers and dryers. That was back in 1960. After that, the ones I saw were front loaders. The building I used to live in had toploaders for washers, and frontloaders for dryers.
Pam.

Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 12:03 PM

Very simple. A front loader spins the clothes around at high speed to get them clean. This is how all commercial washers work. It takes longer than a top loader, but front loaders, because they don't have an agitator, can handle larger loads. Have you ever seen a top loader in a commercial laudromat? Also, a front loader allows a dryer to be stacked on top to save floor space. The only advantages of top loaders are that they are usually less expensive than front loaders and they usually have a shorter wash cycle time.

Gerald

On 5/27/2020 11:42 AM, Jan Howells wrote:
Without an agitator, how do the clothes get clean?

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.