Re: accessible washers and dryers

enes sarıbaş

You could if the machine was your own. Those actions are absolutely authorized to be done by users. Just like cleaning out the dryer.

On 5/29/2020 3:45 PM, Pamela Dominguez wrote:
Well, we can't do anything with hoses or pumps.  That's the maintenance guys' job.  Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: enes sarıbaş
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 9:00 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] accessible washers and dryers

Yes, you do need to leave the door ajar  when it is unused so it dries
out. You also  might need to open the hatch in front of the machine to
let the water drain from the pumps using the drain hoses, from time to
time.

On 5/27/2020 1:07 PM, chris judge wrote:
Could very well be true. I'll tell you one thing about front loaders, if you don't leave the door open a crack, water will lay around the seal and eventually it will stink to high heaven.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Terrilynne Pomeroy
Sent: May 27, 2020 2:53 PM

And, and I don't know how true this is in modern times, but my mom always said that front loaders didn't get the clothes as clean because they are not so powerfully swished through the water. Just quoting a picky sighted person. 😊

TerriLynne

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Terrilynne Pomeroy via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 11:49 AM

Yes, I have seen top loaders in most all laundromats I have ever been to.

TerriLynne

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 10:03 AM

Very simple.  A front loader spins the clothes around at high speed to get them clean.  This is how all commercial washers work.  It takes longer than a top loader, but front loaders, because they don't have an agitator, can handle larger loads. Have you ever seen a top loader in a commercial laudromat? Also, a front loader allows a dryer to be stacked on top to save floor space.  The only advantages of top loaders are that they are usually less expensive than front loaders and they usually have a shorter wash cycle time.

Gerald

On 5/27/2020 11:42 AM, Jan Howells wrote:
Without an agitator, how do the clothes get clean?

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.