Windows XP, Outlook Express and Connectivity Issues

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

 A friend of mine is set in his ways. He wants to keep using Windows XP and Outlook Express as his primary mail client.  When he tries to get mail, he gets an odd message to the effect that Outlook Express could not find the broad band connection.  He is connected to Broad Band via Spectrum and can use Internet Explorer and Firefox with no problems.

I walked him through the Outlook Express connectivity wizard and while during the wizard, Windows indicated that the connection had been found, when he tries to receive mail, he gets this message.

It's been a while since I used XP, so I'm a bit rusty to say the least.  What could be causing this and how can it be resolved. Thanks in advance for any help.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"