Re: Windows XP, Outlook Express and Connectivity Issues

Gene

I don't know what the problem is.  If the program is saying it can't find the connection when it should, it makes me wonder if something has gotten corrupted in the program.  I have no idea if there is any way to reinstall the program any longer.

Maybe trying a system restore to a time before the problem might help but aside from that, the thing to do might be to try the menu version of Windows Live Mail.  it is very similar to Outlook Express and your friend would have almost nothing new to learn.  The one thing he would probably need to learn is how to start a new message using contacts.  Aside from that, the program is almost identical except that it doesn't have identities, as newer e-mail programs generally don't.

From: Ron Canazzi
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2020 12:20 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Windows XP, Outlook Express and Connectivity Issues

Hi Group,

  A friend of mine is set in his ways. He wants to keep using Windows XP
and Outlook Express as his primary mail client.  When he tries to get
mail, he gets an odd message to the effect that Outlook Express could
not find the broad band connection.  He is connected to Broad Band via
Spectrum and can use Internet Explorer and Firefox with no problems.

I walked him through the Outlook Express connectivity wizard and while
during the wizard, Windows indicated that the connection had been found,
when he tries to receive mail, he gets this message.

It's been a while since I used XP, so I'm a bit rusty to say the least.
What could be causing this and how can it be resolved. Thanks in advance
for any help.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"