From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2020 6:00 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Audio Editing software that will allow you to change pitch?

Hi Melissa,

Gold Wave will do the trick for you. I use Karaoke files and some of
them are not in an optimal key for me. I use the pitch change option
under the effects menu (alt + C for effects menu followed by P for pitch
change.) You can either change by percentage or by tone. The tone
change is most intuitive. They give you 4 choices for semi-tone: C to B
(down one half step.) C to C Sharp (up one half step) C to D (up one
step.) and D to C (down one step.) They also give you choices for up
one octave or down one octave and if you want an odd number of step
change such as a minor third (up/down one and a half steps,) you can use
the half step up/down item to move the desired number of steps.

Good luck.

On 6/1/2020 1:40 PM, Melissa wrote:
Hello group. Has anyone had any experience with using an accessible
audio editor that will allow you to change the pitch of a track? I'm
using Windows10 or I can possibly use a mac if necessary. Thanks for
your help.
Melissa

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.