From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 3:17 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Saving a username and password

For IE11 you need to check the checkbox for IE11 to remember your user name and passwword before pressing the sign-in button.  Then after you press the sign-in button you should get a notification bar dialogue press, Alt + N, to open then tab to the, Yes button, and press the spacebar to save the log-in information.

For Chrome, below are a few different notes:

From: Dan Kerstetter
You can press shift f6 to get to the save password dialog.

HTH

Dan

From: Steve Nutt
Alt+Shift+A does it as well, takes you straight to the notification.

All the best

Steve

From: John Doering
I believe you can also hit F6 once signed in to get a dialog to save the password for the site.

HTH,

John Doering

From: Rebecca Lineberger
When Chrome asks if you want to save a password when you first visit a web site, you should be able to get to the save button by pressing the, F6 key.  I haven’t done it for a while, so can’t remember if it takes more than one press of that key to get there.  When you do, press enter on that
save button.  I haven’t changed a password, so have not been asked about updating, but would assume the process is the same.

Rebecca

Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2020 1:09 PM

In the case of BARD, I am using IE 11. But on most sites I am using Chrome. I would love to know how to do it in either one.

TerriLynne