Re: fixing sound issues

heather albright

Well, I have a windows sound utility driver and the other is from my 3.5 boes speakers. But when I search for sound output, i only see my speakers, ms is the ones who told me I have 2 yet, I only see one! The sound affects all my screen readers output jaws, NVDA and narrator. The only time I think I see 2 is when i goe in to the sound card settings under NVDA and Jaws. But, I tried switching from the speakers and the windows utility and the same thing continues to happen with the sound for each selection! AAccording to my pc sound settings, I only have one output device for audio, the speakers. So question is where are they seeing 2 sound devices?Thanks Heather

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, June 5, 2020 7:34 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] fixing sound issues

It isn't clear to me what the problem is. You said yesterday you just found out you have two sound cardds. Is one of them an external USB sound card or are they both internal sound cards?

You can tell JAWS which soundcard to use if you have two. Do the audio problems just affect JAWS or everything?

Since I don't know how things are set up on your computer in terms of which soundcard plays which audio, you may solve the problem most easily by purchasing an inexpensive external sound card, connecting it, and seeing if all audio comes from that card. If it does, that should solve the problem.