Re: An Old Program

Ron Canazzi

Hi Howard,

There is a Windows version of such a program that is far superior to the old DOS based program or perhaps Windows 98 program you are referring to.  It is free and is called Path Copy and it's address is
https://pathcopycopy.github.io/
This program runs from the context menu and you can do a number of things with it. It copies long name, short name, long path, short path. It can copy the exact file names of all the files in a folder to clipboard and you can then paste the list into a text editor and save it anywhere you want.

This is what I use to make text delimited databases for all my music/movies/books.

On 6/5/2020 3:54 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Hi anyone,
Years ago, I had a program that made a text (.txt) file containing a list of the files in a given folder and put the text file in that folder.  Wonder if anyone has that  little utility and could tell me where to get it and how to use it?  Appreciate it. Thanks.

Howard

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"