*From:* main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Greg Daniel
*Sent:* Sunday, June 7, 2020 5:33 PM
*To:* main@TechTalk.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [TechTalk] How to hide rows with certain text value in Excel

Hi Chris,

To hide rows & columns in Excel (and I am also a JAWS user),

 1. Select a range of cells you'd like to hide.
 2.  Open the Format command of the home ribbon with Alt-H, O.

 3.  DownArrow to Hide & Unhide and press Enter.

 4.  In the drop-down list, select to hide the row, column or sheet and press Enter.  If you have selected rows or columns, the selected rows and columns are hidden from view, but are still part of the spreadsheet.

HTH,

Greg

At 08:24 PM 6/7/2020, you wrote:

Hello list,
So, I’m having a bit of  a brain cramp here and need a refresher.
I periodically receive an excel spreadsheet (Office 2016) with
hundreds of rows of data for my interpreting business. I have to
select which assignments I can cover. There are a myriad of
languages and services in this spreadsheet throughout the state of
California. As I mainly cover Spanish language assignments,
filtering by that language is easy enough, but within that
language, there is another criteria in another cell specifying the
type of interpretation service requested. Legal, Medical,
standard, etc. So, I don’t really cover legal interpretation
And this is where I’m stuck. I’d like to be able to hide the
appointments/rows where the requested service is “In Court
Certified,” but can’t find where to do it. I’ve poked around
online and there are some step-by-step instructions, but either I
can’t follow the sequence or they involve macros. I’m not against
using macros per say even though I’m not too familiar with them,
but I figure there has to be a way to simply hide the rows I’m not
interested in seeing and condensing the spreadsheet.
These appointments are pretty much first come first serve, so
being able to better filter out the superfluous ones would be a
huge help to my productivity instead of sifting through one by one
to see if it’s legal or not.
I’m mainly a Jaws user, but I suppose this sort of inquiry can
apply to Jaws or NVDA.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Cristóbal