Re: Seeking an alternative labeling method to PenFriend

Steven Johnson

I was actually looking for a labeling alternative where I could use my phone, and not a pen friend to read the labels. I think that way around is the answer for me.Way around, in combination with the barcode reading ability of seeing AI, it’s just about ideal it seems. Cannot wait to try it.

On Jun 8, 2020, at 6:56 AM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

Oh I agree that especially scanner is great for that. I thought he was specifically talking about generic bags or containers with no identification whatsoever.
I probably use Seeing Eye and/or scanner every day.What wonderful tools to have.

Marie
-----Original Message----- From: Richard
Sent: Sunday, June 7, 2020 4:42 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Seeking an alternative labeling method to PenFriend

Hi Marie,
Yes, I realize that the apps I mentioned won't create labels,
but the way I read his message , it sounded like he wanted an alternative to
labels.
There are apps that will allow you to create audio labels,
but, as has already been stated, the labels can be accidentally discarded
with the packaging.
That is why I suggested the other apps, so the packaging could be identified
as it is removed from the freezer, refrigerator, or cabinet etc.
That is my current preference so I don't have to create so many labels.
Items I am going to keep, get labels,
and consumables such as food, are identified on an as-needed-basis.
Just suggestions, everyone has their unique situations.

HTH,
Rick
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie" <magpie.mn@...>