Re: Seeking an alternative labeling method to PenFriend

chris judge

Way around is great, and I love the various types of tags you can get. I bought the starter pack a few months ago to demonstrate the system to clients. Truthfully I haven't really begun using it at home, mainly because I've had no real need to label things lately.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steven Johnson
Sent: June 8, 2020 1:27 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Seeking an alternative labeling method to PenFriend

I was actually looking for a labeling alternative where I could use my phone, and not a pen friend to read the labels. I think that way around is the answer for me.Way around, in combination with the barcode reading ability of seeing AI, it’s just about ideal it seems. Cannot wait to try it.
On Jun 8, 2020, at 6:56 AM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

Oh I agree that especially scanner is great for that. I thought he was specifically talking about generic bags or containers with no identification whatsoever.
I probably use Seeing Eye and/or scanner every day.What wonderful tools to have.

Marie
-----Original Message----- From: Richard
Sent: Sunday, June 7, 2020 4:42 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Seeking an alternative labeling method to
PenFriend

Hi Marie,
Yes, I realize that the apps I mentioned won't create labels, but the
way I read his message , it sounded like he wanted an alternative to
labels.
There are apps that will allow you to create audio labels, but, as has
already been stated, the labels can be accidentally discarded with the
packaging.
That is why I suggested the other apps, so the packaging could be
identified as it is removed from the freezer, refrigerator, or cabinet etc.
That is my current preference so I don't have to create so many labels.
Items I am going to keep, get labels,
and consumables such as food, are identified on an as-needed-basis.
Just suggestions, everyone has their unique situations.

HTH,
Rick
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie" <magpie.mn@...>