Re: Looking for NIMH battery charger advice

Gerald Levy

It is not necessary to spend a lot of money on an audible battery charger,if such a device even exists in the first place.   I have a simple and inexpensive DuraCell AA and AAA battery charger which has no audible feedback.  So i simply plug it in for six hours with a pair of batteries to ensure that they get fully recharged.  I know that the charger is working because the batteries become warm to the touch while they are recharging.  Six hours is the recommended charging time for NiMH batteries, which should last about 500 recharging cycles, so they should last a long time before they go bad .

Gerald

On 6/10/2020 9:22 AM, Steven Johnson wrote:

Hi everyone.  I have several sets of AA and AAA rechargeable batteries that I use, and I am trying to find an affordable charger that will beep or give some sort of audible indication when my batteries are finished charging, or if they are going bad.  I can’t always ask the wife to tell me when the lights are green or if they are flashing.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.