Re: Looking for NIMH battery charger advice

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

But what if one of my batteries has gone bad and the charger is flashing to indicate that a battery is not charging and I needed them to record a meeting?  I have just charged my batteries for 6 hours in vain, and do not have functioning batteries for my recorder.  If someone definitely knows of a charger that indicates when charging is complete with an audible notification, that information would be welcome.  Thanks everyone.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 7:20 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Looking for NIMH battery charger advice

It is not necessary to spend a lot of money on an audible battery charger,if such a device even exists in the first place.   I have a simple and inexpensive DuraCell AA and AAA battery charger which has no audible feedback.  So i simply plug it in for six hours with a pair of batteries to ensure that they get fully recharged.  I know that the charger is working because the batteries become warm to the touch while they are recharging.  Six hours is the recommended charging time for NiMH batteries, which should last about 500 recharging cycles, so they should last a long time before they go bad .

Gerald

On 6/10/2020 9:22 AM, Steven Johnson wrote:

Hi everyone.  I have several sets of AA and AAA rechargeable batteries that I use, and I am trying to find an affordable charger that will beep or give some sort of audible indication when my batteries are finished charging, or if they are going bad.  I can’t always ask the wife to tell me when the lights are green or if they are flashing.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.