Re: Pontes Media Downloader Seems to Be Broken

Moty Azrad

Dear Evan,

Try to uninstall the program, restart the PC AND TRY REINSTALLING IT AGAIN.

Hope it helps.

Moti

Moti Azrad 

Musician and Piano-Tuner         

motiaz@...

azrad_moty@...

Israel

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Evan Reese
Sent: 11 June, 2020 4:29
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Pontes Media Downloader Seems to Be Broken

Hey Guys,

A while back, some people here seemed to be having problems with their Pontes Media Downloader while mine was working fine.

Unfortunately, recently though, I cannot download anything with it.

I originally had version 2.1. When I tried downloading with that, it would play the downloading sound effect, then a short time later it would play the sound when downloading was finished. So I went and looked in the Pontes Media Downloader folder but nothing was there. I first tried updating the download engine, but it told me that it couldn’t find current version.

Then, I installed version 3.1. I tried downloading some things with that. It would play the sound when a download started, then just do nothing after that. I looked at the menus, and it told me that control-d, the key combo for downloading was unavailable. I waited a bit longer, but nothing appeared in the default folder, which I have not changed.

I then went into Options and updated the download engine, but it told me that the engine was up to date and gave me an Okay button I had to press.

I’m still unable to download anything with it. I did clear out the Pontes Media Downloader folder because someone here mentioned that they had some trouble when more than a dozen or so files were in that. Nothing is in it now, but still no ability to download.

Any ideas what else I can try?

Oh, I’m using Windows 7, and was using an older version of PMD with that until a few weeks ago.

Thanks for any ideas.

Evan

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.