Re: Pontes Media Downloader Seems to Be Broken

Gene

I'm now going to test Youtube itself. At this point, we don't know if the problem is with Pontes Media Downloader or if it is a general problem with Youtube. Never assume if there is more than one possible cause for a problem. I realized that I assumed with no support since there is no guarantee Youtube is always up and it is guaranteed to go down at some point

From: Gene
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 10:56 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Pontes Media Downloader Seems to Be Broken

The problem is that Youtube once again tried to stop downloading by
programs. I just tested Pontes Media Downloader and it doesn't download
files. This may or may not be similar to what happened recently where some
people were still able to download and a lot weren't. But when the [program
behaves in this way, where it was working properly before, ask here or wait
to see if upgrading the download engine solves the problem. You may want to
try upgrading for a number of days every day. You may save a lot of
unnecessary work and time if you don't tinker with the program such as
uninstalling and installing the program when there is likely nothing wrong
except that Youtube has blocked it until the next update of the download
engine..