From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 6:30 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Pontes Media Downloader Seems to Be Broken

I just tried with the current version of the program and it downloaded
properly. I don't know what happened, but evidently for some reason, 2x or
older doesn't download now. I have no idea if this will change in future.
I'm not sure why the person is having a problem. It may be necessary to
completely remove the 2x version before installing the new one. Installing
over the old program may cause the problem in the new version.

Regarding JAVA, I don't know why this problem exists when you update JAVA.
It doesn't use the JAVA on your machine, if you have JAVA separately
installed. It installs its own JAVA just for use with that program. It
says so somewhere on the site and also, this computer has no other JAVA than
that installed in the program itself. So if your solution solves your
problem and others, that's good but you don't have to install JAVA
separately if it isn'rt already there.