Re: OCR problem

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Actually, let's start with the simple stuff first. Without knowing more, I can only guess, but has your scanner come upplugged? Is the connecting wire bad? Let's start with the external stuff and work inward. The error message seems to indicate that the program, whatever it is, is working fine, but it can't detect the scanning device. That's where I'd look for the problem. Had a similar problem some time back. I discovered that my 'puter's little cart was standing right on the wire for the scanner and was heavy enough to pull the connecter out of the scanner.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring