From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 5:31 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] suggested amount of RAM for jaws and windos 10

You almost certainly don't need more than 8GB of RAM unless you use memory
intensive programs which the majority of users don't.  Did the person test
your computer with and without JAWS running?  Did the tech check your memory
usage during slow performance?  Did you test it running Narrator?

Be suspicious any time a tech blames a screen-reader for a problem.  Of
course, a screen-reader may cause a problem, but techs love to blame
screen-readers for problems just because they are unfamiliar with the
programs and they aren't typical kinds of programs, they are made for blind
people, not a typical program, and of course they are therefore suspect and
second rate programs.

Also, what synthesizer are you using?  The newer symthesizers use more
memory but Eloquence doesn't use much and I've used it without the
screen-reader causing any problems on machines that had enough memory, but
barely.