Re: How do I unzip files with Windows 10?

Sharon S

Hi, my windows 10 laptop doesn’t have an extract all option in the applications menu either.

I followed the suggestion from another list member and removed VLC media player. Once that was removed the extract all option was back in the menu. So it is something to do with VLC which is removing this option.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, 28 May 2020 10:14 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How do I unzip files with Windows 10?

Which doesn't mean I am wrong.  All we know at this point is that that is what happened on your single computer.  I see no logical reason that Microsoft would have taken out the unarchive utility that has been in Windows going back as far as XP and given the number of people who used the Windows utility, lists like this would have had an avalanche of inquiries if it had disappeared.  If enough people confirm that it happened to them as well as you, then it may be that Microsoft removed it.  At this time, I have no reason to believe it was anything more than a fault in how the Windows Update ran on your specific machine.