Re: OBTAINING A NEW SOUND CARD

heather albright

Ah yes, i called freedom to see which would be best to use for jaws. I was concerned that some might not be accessible when setting it up or will windows be able to detect it/? So It said  Creative Sound Blaster is a good brand and it sounded good! my internal sound card is a hp sound card. It did not give me the specs.  Freedom did not tell me which ones work best. I wanted one that can play jaws and play other audio at the same time!  Unfortunately Creative's site tocontact them is not accessible. They do not have a number to call them on either! Heather

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 11:49 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] OBTAINING A NEW SOUND CARD

Someone from a store told me I should consider buying an external sound card instead of buying knew speakers? So for give my ignorance, how does this work? What type of sound card works with screenreaders and audio files in shared mode? They told me it would connect to my usb port, is this correct?  I was always believing it had to be internal and I did not want to go down that road! This is knew to me! Thanks everyone! Cheers Heather