Re: Pontes Media Downloader Seems to Be Broken

George McCoy

On 6/11/2020 9:48 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi George,

What is the website for the youtube-dl file?

On 6/11/2020 9:52 AM, George McCoy wrote:
It's a cat and mouse game between youtube and the developers of the download engine, youtube-dl.

The built-in updater for the engine iften fails, especially in media downloader version 2.x.  I download youtube-dl from its own download page and put in the engine folder manually, replacing the existing copy.  It's a little work and not for the non-technical user, I suppose, but it works for me every time Media Downloader stops working.

Hth,

George