Re: having sound issues

enes sarıbaş

Gene,

Note that  there are few if any cards below 100 dollars that are good, or which don't majorly comprimise on something. I think the 100-200 dollars is the spot that balances price and performance.

On 6/14/2020 11:05 PM, Gene wrote:
I don't know what your needs are.  I doubt anyone but an audiophile, and then an audiophile with very good equipment, would tell any meaningful difference after something like a fifty dollar or 75 dollar sound card.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: enes sarıbaş
Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2020 5:14 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having sound issues

Gene, the 200 dollars is apparently the midrange for a DAC.

There isn't anything even worth consideration under 75.

I did my research, and it looks like the zen dac by ifi is good to meet
my needs.

On 6/13/2020 6:11 AM, Gene wrote:
The question is, at what point do you get no meaningful benefit for additional money spent?  But I doubt you need to spend more than something like fifty dollars.  I'm not saying you won't get better quality with more money, but will people hear it?  AnI think that, beyond a certain point of spending, the headphones or speakers are much more important than the sound card.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Smiling?
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 8:45 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Honestly, as much as you the user would like to pay. Very similar to most anything else within this world of ours and I am very certain that this specifically was not the answer you were seeking, but it's definitely the truth.