Re: having sound issues

Gene

What do you want to do with the controls? Are you using the sound card for play only? If all you want to do is play and not use features such as an equalizer, you don't have to install the software. You can just plug in the sound card and use it.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 12:57 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] having sound issues

Well, creative got back to me today and I have two people working on this. I
think they are going to use narrator and jaws in 40 mode to see if it can
read the controls and how it sounds. I do not know exactly. But at least
they got back to me! Will Keep everyone updated.
cheers Heather
----- Original Message -----
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2020 4:03 PM

I don't know honestly. I personally am looking at the Zen dac, which is like 20 cheaper than the creative, but I think audiophile or music orientated audio dacs are the best, as they don't have the sound effects and such gamer cards have.

On 6/15/2020 12:44 PM, heather albright wrote:
Woe, I just so this e-mail, which brands are recommended? thanks, Heather
----- Original Message ----- From: "enes sarıbaş" <enes.saribas@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2020 5:10 PM

I would avoid the creative ones. There are reports online that the driver software has bugs under 10, and that the direct mode, whith enhancements disabled, isn't as neutral as it should be. Moreover, the enhancements would mess with NVDA or JAWS, and be annoying.

On 6/12/2020 7:27 PM, heather albright wrote:
I am trying to find one that supports Dolby digital sound for my audio files. I heard the Creative Sound Blaster was a good brand. Has anyone used this type of sound card? Also do you have to use proprietary software or will windows10 detect the sound card. I keep reading about them off amazon and first they say you can plug and goe and than they said you have to to use Creative Sound Blaster controls to do ajustments to the sound card. That is fine but will the drivers be accessible to jaws or NVDA? Thanks Heather -----
Original Message ----- From: "enes sarıbaş" <enes.saribas@...>
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 5:01 PM

But isn't there a midrange, to high grade price range? I read around 100-200 dollars average for a good one.

On 6/12/2020 8:45 AM, Smiling? wrote:
Honestly, as much as you the user would like to pay. Very similar to most anything else within this world of ours and I am very certain that this specifically was not the answer you were seeking, but it's definitely the truth.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of enes saribas
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 3:32

Hi,

How much does a very good USB soundcard cost? I bought a pair of high res audiophile grade headphones, and the reviews say you definately need an external DAC/soundcard to drive them to get all the quality.

On 6/4/2020 3:15 PM, chris judge wrote:
It seems to be an issue common with dell. I have an XPS 8930, and although I love the machine for the most part, I've had many issues with the sound. I finally ordered a good USB sound card and M going to forgo the onboard sound card.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Gene
Sent: June 4, 2020 4:46 PM

The further glories of Windows 10.

Gene
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2020 2:33 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io

This has happened to my partner after every major Windows update. She has a Dell Lattitude and is using JAWS. Dell had her disable the Real Tech audio drivers so the computer would use the computer speakers.
This does fix the issue but like I said, every major update re-installs the Real Tech drivers again and this process starts all over again. Hope this helps.

Wendy Walker

On 6/4/20, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:
Hello, after the windows update, my sound is crappy, it gets really
loud and than goes really low. It saids my drivers are up to date .
So how do I fix this issue, it is quite annoying I am using jaws or
NVDA they both have the same issue, loud and low. Thanks Heather

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.