Re: Displaying Windows Defender in System Tray

Mike B

Hi Vicki,

If you have Microsoft Security Essentials or another antivirus program running then Windows Defender should not be active / running, but to see if it's available to show in the system tray try the following.
1. Press, Windows key + T, to go to the taskbar.
2. Press, Alt + Enter, to open the taskbar properties.
3. Tab to, Notification area customize.... button, and press the spacebar to open.
4. Tab through all your available icons and if you find the, Windows Defender icon , arrow up / down to, show icon in notifications, tab to, Okay , press the spacebar, then again tab to, Okay , and press enter to save /  close.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
 *My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Displaying Windows Defender in System Tray

Says Windows Defender is protecting my computer. I just want it to show up in the system tray and can't do it.

Vicki

Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 6:14 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Displaying Windows Defender in System Tray

Hi Vicki,

If you're running MSSE as your antivirus protection program, MSSE disables Windows Defender upon installation.  For more details click on the link below.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
 *My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 5:35 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Displaying Windows Defender in System Tray

Hi,

Is there a way to show Windows Defender in the System tray on a Windows 7 Machine?

Thanks.

Vicki

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.