Re: OE6 For Windows 7 and 10, What Folders To Save

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

I have six email accounts in OE 6. I go into accounts and export all 6 accounts to a folder. Then if restore doesn't work you can import them back that way you don't have to reenter all the settings information for the email accounts. I Also make a copy of the store folder with all the dbx files. These are the messages folders. You can import them back to OE from the file menu and import.

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 9:32 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] OE6 For Windows 7 and 10, What Folders To Save

Hi All,

In case the OE restore tool doesn't work, what are the folders that I need to make backups of to get OE6 working again after a major update to Windows 10?  i.e;

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Outlook Express"

"C:\Users\Mike B\AppData\Local\Identities"

"C:\Users\Mike B\AppData\Roaming\Identities"

Other than the 3 folders stated above what other folders should I have copied / saved to an external drive?  All input is greatly appreciated. Thanks much.