Re: obtaining information and help in this group

heather albright

I am sorry, I forgot to mention this number is for USA only. Sorry if your not in the USA.
cheers Heather

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] obtaining information and help in this group

Well, I got the accessibility number to hp and they said they are going to post it off the site. But here is the hp accessibility line number:
I am glad I had the time to go threw several people who had no idea that hp had an accessibility line and they work for them! They will ask you what your disability is, I know that is not legal here but, just be prepared to tell them. They will ask you what your product is and the  model number por the serial number. I just wanted you to know if you need sighted assistance to access the information; you have to have this information when you call.
cheers Heather

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 3:44 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] obtaining information and help in this group

Well said Heather!

Sincerely, Vicky V

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of heather albright
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 4:06 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] obtaining information and help in this group

First off, I truely appreciate all the help I have received from this group from members.

It has truely helped me out.

I know I am not the most technical person and I do not have answers to a lot of tec issues. So this group is a life saver at times. I do not have people around me to answer my questions. So thank you all very much.

Secondly, I will always try to pay it forward by providing any help someone needs to make there life easier.

We do not know what group members are going threw and why they need something and how they went about to get the information they need. We do not know what other disabilities they have that might prevent them from searching on their own.

If I know something or how to do something, I will always try to help that person; no questions asked about why they need it or why did they not search harder to get the information.

If I have a contact number, a computer tec file or other helpful information  I will give to anyone who needs it.

When I here statements about you need to search harder or it is on the website under... you do not know what that person did to get the info and why they asked. I had a friend who only had 1 arm to type with so searching for things took him more time and it is tiring.  

I work with refugees where by English is not their first language so it can be hard for them to search for things off an English website.

I know several seniors who are not tec computer savvy and on top of that, they are or have lost their site. So it is not easy for them just to come out and search for things or know how to do conplex computer operations. They do not have the training that a lot of us take for granted.

I know a person who suffers from MS like myself and sometimes it is just hard enough just to get out of bed when all your mussles hurt and are fatigued. So you just want the info for something and it is easier just to ask if someone happens to have the answer.

I know a person who does not have arms and sometimes her accessible software has issues and she will ask a question for information.

So I ask all group members to please put yourselves in other people's shoes and if you have the answer, give it without all the extra commentary!

Thank you

Heather

AVG logo

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.