Re: added num pad to laptop

David Moore

Thanks mike!

You always come to the rescue LOL!

It must be the numpad itself then!

Hope you are doing okay with everything going on!

David Moore

Email me anytime.

I respect you, because you are always there to help, but you do not Lord over the list!

You’re a great person in terms of how people should mind their own business like you do, and help when it is needed!

Too bad about your Dodgers not being able to play LOL!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 7:18 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] added num pad to laptop

Hi David,

I don't have the email any more, but I believe Loy stated that he turned the Numlock off, but it didn't change anything.  It sounds like that USB Numpad had problems.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 3:33 PM

At the very upper left, there is a key that toggles turning the number input on and off. That is the way it is on a laptop numpad, but JAWS always turns the number input off by default. with the external numpad, you have to press the top left your self to turn off the mumber input. Try pressing that upper left key on the external mumpad, and it should work as your arrow keys and so om. Let me know if that works.
David Moore

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020, 7:42 AM Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:

Hi David,

Where do I find this setting?

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 2:24 AM

Mine works great with laptop and JAWS. Turn off the number input.

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020, 8:15 PM Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:

I purchased a numpad to add to laptop. It does not work with JAWS. Has anyone had an external numpad to work with JAWS? When pressing keys on the num pad it will say num lock off and you can't change it.I don't know if it caused by JAWS or it just don't work.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.