Re: Sounds for Chrome?

Gerald Levy

What happens when you press Control-J while the file is downloading?  Do you hear any alert messages?

Gerald

On 6/25/2020 8:59 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Gerald, the download speed, has absolutely nothing to do with my original problem.  I do not know why people are adding their own spin to my problem.

I will repeat for the umteenth time.  My problem *was* that I was getting no, that's no, notification that Chrome was downloading a file at all.  There was no notification either in words or via a beep.  That is why I downloaded a file seven times last night.  I didn't *know* it was downloading!

Since adding the new feature to Chrome on both my machines, I am now getting notified that the program is downloading and I hear a beep when it is finished.  Thank you Sam for reading and understanding exactly what I wanted.

Ann P.