Re: Wanting an accessible laser printer scanner copier

Mike B.

Hi Heather,

I'm not doubting your experience with Brother tech support in the least bit, but personally I've had the exact opposite experience with their tech support, but I must also state that I haven't had to call them in over 3 years and things could have changed.  Having owned Brother, Cannon and HP machines my least favorite was Canon for several reasons, mainly the Canon ink cartridges were junk.

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2020 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Wanting an accessible laser printer scanner copier

Well, I would stay away from brother brands their tec support really sucks and their is no accessibility. They always ask the first thing is "do you have someone sighted there to help you..."  My response, "well if you count my sighted cat and my sighted dog but unfortunately we have a language barrier, so no they cant help."
I really hate it when tec support thinks all blind people have a sighted person just hanging around to help you! And before any one  comes up with the apps that gives you sighted help, I do not use them as they present me with privacy issues! Until these become more regulated, I choose not to use them.
I think all the products should have a non visual component besides, thought their was a law out there that was going to make it so.
cheers Heather