Re: Wanting an accessible laser printer scanner copier

Mike B.

Hi Heather,

I'm not doubting your experience with Brother tech support in the least bit, but personally I've had the exact opposite experience with their tech support, but I must also state that I haven't had to call them in over 3 years and things could have changed.  Having owned Brother, Cannon and HP machines my least favorite was Canon for several reasons, mainly the Canon ink cartridges were junk.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2020 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Wanting an accessible laser printer scanner copier

Well, I would stay away from brother brands their tec support really sucks and their is no accessibility. They always ask the first thing is "do you have someone sighted there to help you..."  My response, "well if you count my sighted cat and my sighted dog but unfortunately we have a language barrier, so no they cant help."
I really hate it when tec support thinks all blind people have a sighted person just hanging around to help you! And before any one  comes up with the apps that gives you sighted help, I do not use them as they present me with privacy issues! Until these become more regulated, I choose not to use them.
I think all the products should have a non visual component besides, thought their was a law out there that was going to make it so.
cheers Heather

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2020 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Wanting an accessible laser printer scanner copier

Hi Holly,

If you could go to a big office store like Staples or something so you could feel the machines, it would be better for selecting one, but having stated the obvious I did a quick search on Amazon using the following as my search string.

Lazer black & white copier, printer, scanner.

I came up with several models that would give you an idea as to what machine you might want to look for if you have a chance to go to a store.  Speaking from personal experience I would go with the Brother or HP brands.  But, you might like what you find on Amazon or a similar website as well.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2020 8:58 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Wanting an accessible laser printer scanner copier

Tired of buying expensive ink cartridges.  Looking for a laser printer that
is accessible.  Just black and white is all I need, but must copy, scan and
print.  Wireless would be nice, but not necessary.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Holly

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.