Re: Wanting an accessible laser printer scanner copier

Norman

Hello.

What is defined as an accessible printer/scanner?

I have an hp officejet pro 9015 which has a touch screen. However, there is no need for me to actually use that touch screen. I can plug it into my network using an ethernet cable and do everything i need to from the browser based control panel.

This includes setting up wifi and other things like that.

The only thing you need the physical control panel for is to use the copy/scan functions from the printer itself. If you have a computer you don't need it.

HTH.

On 6/25/2020 6:37 PM, chris judge wrote:

I think I bought it in either 2015 or 2016, I can’t remember for sure.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: June 25, 2020 5:51 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Wanting an accessible laser printer scanner copier

Hi Chris,

Is the Xerox work center  fairly new or something you have had for a few years

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: June-25-20 1:29 PM

I have a xerox work center 3210. It has buttons and no touch screen. It works great. It’s a lazar printer/scanner/copier/fax.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: June 25, 2020 4:06 PM

Yes, that's why the suggestion of checking them out in person if possible.  My wife is sighted and can't stand the touch screens either.  Whenever the need has arisen for a new all in one we will go to 3 or 4 stores that sell this kind of equipment to see what is available.  It's damn sad but, the button types are slowly vanishing if not almost entirely gone now.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2020 10:08 AM

Mike:

Thanks.  Just want to try to get one that does not have a touch pad, or if it does, it can also be controlled by the computer program.

I will check out your suggestions.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.