The printer is an HP laser jet 1012 and the scanner is a Xerox 7600.

It would be great if there are updated drivers for them.

Margaret

On 6/26/2020 7:15 PM, Mike B wrote:

Hi Margaret,
If you have the model numbers of your printer and scanner please post them and maybe someone that uses the same models can provide more compatibility with Windows 10 information, or we could help you check for updated drivers.
*From:* Margaret Thomas <mailto:avidreader@...>
*To:* main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>
*Sent:* Friday, June 26, 2020 1:40 PM
*Subject:* Re: [TechTalk] Wanting an accessible laser printer scanner copier
Mike and All:
I'm not 100% sure that there aren't drivers that will allow me to use
the printer and scanner on the Windows 10 Pro.
Before I got the Win 10 last fall, I thought Microsoft had some tool
where one could check and see if existing Win 7 printers and scanners
would work on Windows 10 Pro.  Someone posted a link that sounded like
it would give me the information, but I couldn't get the information.
I'm pretty sure the tech who installed the new computer checked the
companies' web sites, but I'm sure he told me the printer and scanner
wouldn't work on Windows 10 Pro and he set things up so I can continue
to use the printer and scanner with the Windows 7 machine.
I don't print a lot and primarily just scan snail mail , so the setup
worked okay until a recent project when having  a printer and scanner on
the new machine would have been a big help.
Since I'd rather not buy new equipment if I don't have to earlier
I looked on the HP site to try to find out if there was a driver for the
printer that might solve the problem, but wasn't successful in finding
anything about Windows 10 and my model.  I'm going to try again and will
try to get their tech support.  I think I remember seeing something
about HP tech support not helping if one doesn't have the serial number,
but I could well be wrong.
Do you know if Microsoft has some compatibility tool like I thought
there was or what to look for on the HP and Xerox sites?
Thanks,
Margaret