From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Margaret Thomas
Sent: June-26-20 2:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Wanting an accessible laser printer scanner copier

Mike and All:

I'm not 100% sure that there aren't drivers that will allow me to use the printer and scanner on the Windows 10 Pro.

Before I got the Win 10 last fall, I thought Microsoft had some tool where one could check and see if existing Win 7 printers and scanners would work on Windows 10 Pro. Someone posted a link that sounded like it would give me the information, but I couldn't get the information.
I'm pretty sure the tech who installed the new computer checked the companies' web sites, but I'm sure he told me the printer and scanner wouldn't work on Windows 10 Pro and he set things up so I can continue to use the printer and scanner with the Windows 7 machine.

I don't print a lot and primarily just scan snail mail , so the setup worked okay until a recent project when having a printer and scanner on the new machine would have been a big help.

Since I'd rather not buy new equipment if I don't have to earlier

I looked on the HP site to try to find out if there was a driver for the printer that might solve the problem, but wasn't successful in finding anything about Windows 10 and my model. I'm going to try again and will try to get their tech support. I think I remember seeing something about HP tech support not helping if one doesn't have the serial number, but I could well be wrong.

Do you know if Microsoft has some compatibility tool like I thought there was or what to look for on the HP and Xerox sites?

Thanks,

Margaret

On 6/26/2020 1:04 PM, Mike B wrote:

Hi Margaret,
Is it possible to get and install updated drivers so your current
equipment will work with Windows 10?

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to
please everybody.