Re: Future HAM seeking power supply recommendation for Kenwood TS-440S

Fred Adams

Hi, hope to hear you on the air soon.  You are getting into a great hobby or at least it has been for me.  Why not ask the family member that is lending you the radio as to what power supply he used with the radio?  I just purchased a new 30 amp power supply from HRO in Atlanta for slightly over a hundred dollars but there is plenty of used ham radio equipment availavle but you have to be very careful buying used equipment.  Most ham operators you can trust but there is some that you can not.  I have been taken by some used equipment I purchased a few years ago.  Good luck!!  Hope to hear you on the air soon.  Seventythree

Your family member may be able to give you all of the info you need.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steven Johnson
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 6:35 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Future HAM seeking power supply recommendation for Kenwood TS-440S

Hello.  I am getting ready to study for my General amateur radio license, and a family member is going to lend me a Kenwood TS-440S transceiver to start.  Could someone recommend an affordable power supply that would have enough power for me to transmit once I get my ticket?  Thanks in advance for your help.