can't do a complete system restore in windows 10

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

I'm running windows 10 version 1809 and I tried to install a program the other day that only partially installed, and I'm not able to uninstall it so I want to do a system restore.

I've tried several times since yesterday to do a system restore however and each time I do the computer comes back after a while telling me that the system restore couldn't be completed likely due to antivirus. All I have running as protection is windows defender and the paid version of malware bytes however, is there a way to disable either one of these or both so I can try the system restore again? Btw I opened malware bytes from my desktop and unchecked all of the protections that were checked but of course when things came back after the aborted restore everything was checked again.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Troy