Re: Where O' Where Did My Siri Go?

Carolyn Arnold

Ron, if you press the Home Button, you should hear a ding, then you ask Siri. Otherwise, you need to go to Settings, to Siri, and set Hay Siri. It's not hard to set it. The advantage of Hay Siri, is, say you've fallen, need to call 911, you can say, Hay Siri, call 911, and Siri will. You can say Hay Siri, where'e my iPhone, and Siri will talk, and you can hear the direction of your phone. You can be eating a hot dog and say Hay Siri, what's the temperature, and Siri will tell you, and you don't have to put greasy hands on your phone's screen. You can be finishing eating, and say, Hay Siri, call Yellow Cab, and Siri can do that for you. HTH.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: Saturday, July 4, 2020 9:31 AM
To: TechTalk Mailing List <TechTalk@groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Where O' Where Did My Siri Go?

Hi Group,

first of all, I was very afraid of the iPhone and although I saw its power, I was very reticent to get one. Finally I got one and despite all my fears, I was able to master the touch gestures and VoiceOver navigation techniques with relative ease. Long story short: I almost never use Siri. I wanted to find out some trivia information earlier today and I pressed the home key and said: 'Hey Siri: What President's last name ends with the letter 'T?' There was no answer. I tried it again. I tried asking simpler questions--still no go. I turned off VoiceOver. I went to settings/Siri and Search and everything was supposedly enabled.

Maybe she's mad at me for ignoring her for over a year. I joke, but seriously, what could have happened that she doesn't respond at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"