Re: Where O' Where Did My Siri Go?

Mike B

Hi Ron,

you have to hold the Home key down until you hear a sound indicator, then ask Siri your query.  Usually you only have to hold the Home key down for a second or 2.

Sent: Saturday, July 04, 2020 6:30 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Where O' Where Did My Siri Go?

Hi Group,

first of all, I was very afraid of the iPhone and although I saw its
power, I was very reticent to get one. Finally I got one and despite
all my fears, I was able to master the touch gestures and VoiceOver
navigation techniques with relative ease. Long story short: I almost
never use Siri. I wanted to find out some trivia information earlier
today and I pressed the home key and said: 'Hey Siri: What President's
last name ends with the letter 'T?' There was no answer. I tried it
again. I tried asking simpler questions--still no go. I turned off
VoiceOver. I went to settings/Siri and Search and everything was
supposedly enabled.

Maybe she's mad at me for ignoring her for over a year. I joke, but
seriously, what could have happened that she doesn't respond at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"