Re: Where O' Where Did My Siri Go?

Carolyn Arnold

And, of course, if your phone is 10 or newer, you press the Power Button on the right side of the iPhone.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Saturday, July 4, 2020 11:36 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Where O' Where Did My Siri Go?

Hi Ron,

you have to hold the Home key down until you hear a sound indicator, then ask Siri your query. Usually you only have to hold the Home key down for a second or 2.

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

----- Original Message -----
To: TechTalk Mailing List <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, July 04, 2020 6:30 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Where O' Where Did My Siri Go?

Hi Group,

first of all, I was very afraid of the iPhone and although I saw its power, I was very reticent to get one. Finally I got one and despite all my fears, I was able to master the touch gestures and VoiceOver navigation techniques with relative ease. Long story short: I almost never use Siri. I wanted to find out some trivia information earlier today and I pressed the home key and said: 'Hey Siri: What President's last name ends with the letter 'T?' There was no answer. I tried it again. I tried asking simpler questions--still no go. I turned off VoiceOver. I went to settings/Siri and Search and everything was supposedly enabled.

Maybe she's mad at me for ignoring her for over a year. I joke, but seriously, what could have happened that she doesn't respond at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.