Re: Where O' Where Did My Siri Go?

Barb O'Connor

That is interesting that the female American English Siri voice stop working for you. It hasn’t completely stopped for me, but it will not work for me when I try to use the activities section and have her read my mail. It works on my iPhone 7 but not on my new SE. I’ve been trying to figure that out for quite some time now. For a while, it would work, then, all of a sudden it would be the default voice reading my mail. I’d have to go back in and reload the voice. It would then last for a little while but stop working again. I finally gave up And deleted the Mail activity. she still does work on my SE for normal question asking. At first I thought there might be a problem because this was only a 64 gig phone, but, I still have plenty a room so I don’t think that’s the problem. I’m not quite sure how to report this to Apple, either.

Barb

On Jul 5, 2020, at 8:28 AM, chris judge <chrisjudge1967@gmail.com> wrote:

Try switching to another voice. The American English Female voice stopped working for me about a week ago. I switched to the American male voice and all is well. Not sure why.

Chris Judge

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Barb O'Connor
Sent: July 4, 2020 5:51 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Where O' Where Did My Siri Go?

Ron, I think everybody’s giving you more information than what you want. I have a feeling it for some reason the volume on your Siri has been turned down. What you need to do is press the home button until you hear the ding, then ask her a question something that will require her to say quite a bit. As soon as you think that she is starting to answer the question, press the volume up until you start hearing her voice and stop when you have it at the level you want.

Hope you will report back and let us know if you got her fixed. If you’re interested in hey Siri, you can go to Siri and search and set it up. You have to say a few things so that she gets used to your voice.

Hope this helps.

Barb
On Jul 4, 2020, at 8:30 AM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com> wrote:

Hi Group,

first of all, I was very afraid of the iPhone and although I saw its power, I was very reticent to get one. Finally I got one and despite all my fears, I was able to master the touch gestures and VoiceOver navigation techniques with relative ease. Long story short: I almost never use Siri. I wanted to find out some trivia information earlier today and I pressed the home key and said: 'Hey Siri: What President's last name ends with the letter 'T?' There was no answer. I tried it again. I tried asking simpler questions--still no go. I turned off VoiceOver. I went to settings/Siri and Search and everything was supposedly enabled.

Maybe she's mad at me for ignoring her for over a year. I joke, but seriously, what could have happened that she doesn't respond at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"