I had to get an add-on just to import my messages.

Sure, it's accessible with JAWS, but accessibility without functionality is not very useful.

Evan

On 7/7/2020 11:44 AM, Gene wrote:

I don't use Thunderbird but I have an old cophy in case I might be able to help.  Since you have received no answers, I'll say that it may be the way the information is presented in the file.

You should have seen something, while you were setting parameters to import the address book that told you to use the up and down buttons to make the fields properly correspond to each other between what is in the file and how it is imported.
It appears that there is a mismatch in the Windows Live Mail CSV file I tried and the thunderbird file being created.  A llot of my imported entries, when I press enter on them and the information comes up have the e-mail addresses where the last name should be. I didn’t look at the move up and down buttons and the choices enough to help further.  You can manually cut and paste information in the entries when you press enter on them to see the information.  But I would think and hope there is an accessible way to see what fields correspond to what when you work with the buttons.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Evan Reese
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2020 9:49 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Need Help with Thunderbird

Hello,

Do you know how I can get my imported Contacts to be recognized by Thunderbird?

They were imported successfully, but they're in a separate file, and it appears that Thunderbird does not recognize them. When I try typing in an address in a new message, it is not automatically filled in the way addresses are from my Collected Addresses, the ones I got by simply replying to messages. Also, unlike those in my Collected Addresses, I cannot arrow through them and read their names, although I can edit them if I hit Enter on each one. I can search them though, so it appears that Thunderbird knows they are there, but won't fill them in when I start typing an email address.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Evan

On 7/7/2020 1:30 AM, Billy Inglis wrote:

               Hi guys, I have a different issue with thunderbird. Wonder if anyone can help.

When I try to access the option menus, the menus come up all right, but there is no buttons at the bottom of the page to save changes you make.

Anyone know what is happening here. I am using the latest version, Billy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10