Re: deleting all messages in the inbox

Evan Reese

Well, firstly, glad that you made it.

As to deleting a whole bunch of messages quickly, I don't know whether this will work in Outlook, but I had around 180,000 messages in my Inbox when I got Thunderbird, and I selected almost all of them, because there were a few at the bottom that I wanted to keep, and then hit shift-delete, and they were all gone in a couple minutes.

Be aware though, that shift-delete sends them to oblivion, not to the Deleted or Trash folder, or whatever Outlook calls it, so be very sure you want them all gone before you try that. I don't think you'll be able to get them back if you change your mind later.

Evan

On 7/11/2020 5:47 PM, Jeffrey Schwartz wrote:

I  just got home after two months in the hospital forCovid.     There are over two thousand messages in my inbox.  Is  there any way to delete them all at one time   I’m using Outlook.

Thanks,

Jeff