Re: NVDA Settings

Quentin Christensen

You can install over the top of the new version, that shouldn't cause any problems.  When I said "NVDA+n, t", firstly your NVDA key is either INSERT or CAPS LOCK, depending on how you have NVDA setup - so press INSERT+N to open the NVDA menu, then T for Tools was what I meant.

And yes, if you install the full version from the portable and ensure you check the box to copy your settings over (and do that when you create the portable version in the first place also btw).

Kind regards
Quentin.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 9:38 AM Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I already installed NVDA on the new system. Should I uninstall it before performing these instructions?

Also I am not sure what you mean by "run NVDA +n,t.

And do I then install the full version from the portable? I  have never used a portable copy.

Yes, the easiest way is to open NVDA's menu (NVDA+N) then Tools (T) then Create Portable Copy (C).  Follow the prompts and put it on a memory stick.  Move to your new computer, run the portable version and NVDA+N, T, then "Install NVDA".

Kind regards
Quentin.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 9:14 AM Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:
Can you export NVDA setting to use in a new installation?
TIA
Marie

--
Quentin Christensen