Newline talking bathroom scale help needed

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

Last week Gerald Levy and one other person recommended a talking bathroom scale, it looks like the brand name is Newline from what it shows on amazon. I bought it and got it yesterday but after inserting the batteries so far all my mom and I can get it to do is to say please wait when we tap it, then there's a beep a few seconds later and then the scale shuts off.

My mom has been the one doing this so far so I'm not sure at what point she steps on the scale but what might we be doing wrong? Is there a certain procedure to follow to make the scale work?

Btw my mom says that after it says please wait there's some letters that come up on the display that she says looks like out 2, but she says that she's not sure because apparently the entire letters aren't shown.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Troy